As I teach in my corporate leadership seminars: “a great life is nothing more than a series of days well lived strung together like a string of pearls.
Focus on building great days and a great life is sure to follow.”
Here are six ways to ensure that every day is a brilliant one:
- Begin your day by writing down 10 things you have to be grateful for in your life
- Take 30 minutes and read from the wisdom literature to restore your perspective and inspire your self
- Take 5 minutes and plan your day, thereby creating a template that you can live the remaining hours out of. Also set 3 small goals that you will achieve this day “no matter what.”
- Eat the kind of breakfast that an athlete training for the event of her life would eat and drink plenty of water to stay in your peak state
- At the end of your day, reflect on how you have spent your day by writing in your journal. Evaluate your actions and detect areas where you need to improve.
- End your day on a high note by thinking about the “small wins” of your day (i.e., promises you kept, the workout you enjoyed, the relationship you built, the lesson you learned or the insight you had).