Friday, April 10, 2009

A Balanced Model for Success - Robin Sharma

I have struggled to find a balanced model for true success in my life. At some times I have chased my goals and heart’s desires with all the force of a heat-seeking missile. At other times, I have thought that the wisest way to act was in a more gentle fashion and, after setting my intentions, letting life unfold in a more organic way. I now think that the key is to have a balanced approach for success. Too much striving is nothing more than trying to control your destiny and force outcomes. And simply stating your intentions (perhaps by telling them to your friends or by listing them on a blank piece of paper) and not moving them forward by dedicated action is nothing more than spiritual apathy (which is based on fear). 

I believe that achieving real success in our lives requires us to be both practical and spiritual. On the practical side it is essential that we declare our intentions, clarify our vision and then take action to bring our dreams to life. Once we have operated from this position, it is also essential that we hold our goals with a “loose grip” and move to a place of acceptance such that you know that even if what you wanted does not happen exactly the way you wanted it to, all is for the best. I truly feel that there is an incredible coherence to our lives that we often miss and we try to control outcomes. But if we do our best, and things do not unfold according to our plans, trust that everything has happened for your highest good. 


Six Ways to Fill Your Life with Prosperity

 

  1. Make a personal commitment to add more value than you are paid for in your business relationships.

  2. Live out of your imagination rather than out of your memory by constantly envisioning yourself having all you want. 

  3. Get in the habit of blessing your money and silently hoping that it helps the person you give it to. 

  4. Spend one hour this week journaling about your beliefs around money so that you heighten your awareness as to any blocks and resistance to having more. 

  5. In your journal make a collage of images showing others living the life you want.

  6. Become the most giving person you know.

Questions to Journal On

  1. What would (insert your name) look like if you were operating in your most authentic form and living the highest version of your highest vision? 

  2. What has been the value of your most painful experiences and how would your life be less if you had not had the benefit of them? 

  3. What would you be willing to die for? 

  4. What lessons are you most resisting in your life right now?

  5. Who on the planet is living the life you dream of living and what is it about their life that speaks to you so deeply? 

  6. If there was one word I would want my life to stand for, what would that one word be? 

  7. What will I no longer tolerate in my life? 

  8. If there was one thing I could change in my life to lift it to its highest level, what would that one thing be? 

  9. What has been the biggest turning point of my life and how has it served me by helping me become the person that I currently am? 

  10. If I had 30 days left to live, what would I do? 

No comments: